Tuesday, July 28, 2009

So many books so little time


I have been busy reading. Many of the titles I have read are realistic fiction which is not my usual genre. I tend to like fantasy and sci fi - I figure I live in the real world why read about it?


Blade Playing Dead by tim bowler is a book I received from the Junior Library Guild. It is the first book in a series that is already out in England. The main character, Blade is a 14 year old boy that has been in hiding to stay away from the police and his enemies. Blade never divulges why he is running or who his enemies are but does leave clues and snippets of information to leave the reader guessing what may have happened to him along the way.
Blade's life is violent and he must use all his wits to survive the streets. Non-stop action will pull the reader in and the ending will leave them clamoring for more.
(Image from Amazon.com)

No comments: